12 weeks pregnant undergoes significant skin changes throughout her body. At 12 weeks pregnant, some more developmental changes occur in your fetus. This is the time when you can get a relief from problems like morning sickness and nausea. Here is a quick overview of the 12th week of pregnancy.
12 Weeks Pregnant: Changes In Your Fetus
When you are 12 weeks pregnant, your baby experiences some more changes. His size grows from 2 inches to 2.5 inches. Your baby weight increases to 14 grams. Some important developmental changes that occur in your baby include the following.
- Your developing baby tries to practice breathing inside of your womb by using the amniotic fluid.
- Your baby’s digestive system will begin to work when you are 12 weeks pregnant. Your baby’s digestive system will start producing waste products.
- Urine excretion also begins.
- The placenta takes the responsibility of hormone production.
- Your baby’s sexual organs begin to showing up and your doctor can predict whether you are having a baby girl or a baby boy.
- The nerve cells of your baby will begin to grow and your baby’s brain will start producing hormones.
- Your baby’s vocal cords are fully developed by the time when you’re 12 weeks pregnant.
- Your baby will start reacting to noise and reflex movements will begin.
- Your baby will start sucking his thumb.
12 Weeks Pregnant: Changes In Your Body
When you are 12 weeks pregnant, you will notice some more changes in your body. For example, your pregnancy is now visible to your family, friends and colleagues. Your uterus will grow in size as your baby shows growth in size. In addition to these physical changes, you will notice some hormone induced changes. For example, you will look more radiant during pregnancy.
Signs and Symptoms of 12 Weeks Pregnant
There are some significant signs and symptoms that will show up when you are 12 weeks pregnant. These signs and symptoms include the following.
- Significant skin changes
- Appearance of mask of pregnancy
- Pregnancy nightmares or pregnancy dreaming
12 Weeks Pregnant; Tips to Deal With The Signs and Symptoms
During the 12th week of pregnancy, you will need these useful tips to deal with the signs and symptoms of being 12 weeks pregnant.
- Contact your doctor to ensure healthy pregnancy
- Don’t swallow food without proper chewing
- Avoid eating before getting to bed
- Avoid spicy meals, fizzy drinks and citrus juices
- Purchase anti stretch marks creams
- Avoid taking hot baths to avoid dry skin
- Sleep in the position when your head is slightly elevated
Protect Your Skin During 12th Week of Pregnancy – skin problems are inevitable during the 12th week of pregnancy. You have to be very careful in order to protect your skin. You should consult your dermatologist or doctor in order to find out what you can do to protect your skin.
Be Careful With Your Vitamin Consumption – when you’re 12 weeks pregnant, you should avoid consuming products with high amount of vitamin A. it’s because excess intake of this vitamin can disturb the normal developmental changes of your fetus.